Category: Computer-Aided Drafting
Marine Design covers the following:
Provides students with a broad introduction into marine design industry and its’ purpose. Students will learn basic marine design concepts, including how AutoCAD skills are applied into the production of all facets from 2D design plans, all the way to 3D modeling of marine production components and final vessel assembly practices.
- Must be 18+
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Completion of AutoCAD 3D
- Discuss shipyard and manufacturing plant processes
- Learn marine vessel components
- Designs and use of construction materials
- Learn scantling, general arrangements, and vendor furnished drawings for production purposes
- 3D modeling in shipbuilding production
- Approaches to shipyard layouts from start to final build completion
- Overview of piping and HVAC design concepts
- Overview of power generation, routing, and intended use
- Overview of machinery design, purpose, and integration
The AIDT Maritime Training Center reserves the right to cancel any class if the minimum number of students required is not met.